Selfies are one of the most fun and popular social shares on Facebook, Instagram, and Snap Chat and show no signs of diminishing. Are you leveraging the popularity of selfies on social media by incorporating a selfie station into your business marketing strategy? If not, you’re missing out on a golden opportunity to expand your market reach.
- Statistics show that 82 percent of U.S. adults aged 18 to 34 years had taken a photograph of themselves and uploaded it to a social media website.
- According to American Express, when customers post selfies with a company’s product, this is the social proof or recommendation that other prospects crave.
- Selfie-driven hashtag trends offer a fresh angle for brands looking to connect with their audience on social media.
A Picture is Worth 1000 Words
With visuals as one of the most impactful forms of social media on consumer behavior, customer selfies can promote your brand as no other professional images can do. User-generated content is gold for small business owners. Your target audience can see real people using your products, modeling the latest look at your boutique, or enjoying a night out at your restaurant with friends. Customers are 5x more likely to convert after interacting with user-generated content compared with professional content. Consumers crave authenticity in their buying experience, which is why selfies can be so effective in promoting your brand.
Branding For Small Business
A well-designed selfie mirror cling transforms a plain mirror into an avenue for advertising. Brand reinforcement is the name of the game in business marketing. A photo opportunity for a selfie that features your unique logo or a catchy advertising slogan can elevate your brand, making your business more memorable. The friends and followers viewing your customer’s photo see what your business has to offer – as well as your logo, social media accounts, and website.
Promote and Grow Your Business with Ease
The selfie experience provides instant fun and a unique experience to your customers, elevating their experience with your brand, and providing you with opportunities for new connections through your customer's shared images and social media. Every photo shared is “free” advertising for your small business with no additional cost to you.
Small Business Marketing That’s Fun
A Selfie Station option creates a memorable experience for your customers and marketing opportunities for your business.
- Promote a contest with a giveaway that encourages your customers to take on-location photos of themselves featuring styles from your boutique, products from your shop, or modeling their new salon cut and color. For a chance to win, they simply post the photo to your Facebook page or share with a hashtag on Instagram.
- Encourage followers on social media to take selfies at your business by promoting your location as the place for memorable experiences and fun photos.
- Ask your customers to share a selfie while modeling styles from your boutique, sipping a coffee brewed in your café, or showing off their new cut and color in your salon. Choose one image to feature as the Customer Selfie of the Week.
- Pop-up shops, mobile businesses, and trade show booths can use a selfie station on-the-go to increase customer engagement at events.
Making Social Media Work for Your Small Business
Successful business owners recognize what’s trending and make the most of the opportunity. Leveraging the power of a simple selfie to impact consumer behavior is a savvy business strategy.